We at Configuration Software Solutions Ltd. d/b/a Configu (“us“, “we“, or “our“) recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our users. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you download our Software or use our Platform and Services available thereon. This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. If not otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service, available at https://configu.com/terms-of-service (“Terms“). ” You” means an individual using the Services either on your own behalf or as part of a company that is a customer of ours.
“Personal Data” means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data is collected by us in connection with provision of the Services.
1. Personal Data We Collect.
- No registration is required in order to download the Software and use of certain features of the Services, however, in order to use our Platform and/or receive additional Services, you will be required to register and provide us with certain Personal Data, such as a full name and email address.
- We also collect Personal Data when you make use of the Platform and Services, request information from us or contact us for any other reason. If you use the Services by logging in through a third-party login service, we may also receive Personal Data about you as provided by such third-party login service. Please check such third-party’s policies in order to understand what information we receive.
- We also collect any materials you may provide through the Services.
- In addition, when you use the Platform and Services, certain information may be automatically gathered about your computer, including non-Personal Data, such as your operating system, and Personal Data such as your IP address, as well as your use and/or browsing, usage, and viewing history.
- You are under no legal obligation to provide us with any such Personal Data. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide such information, we may not be able to register you to the Platform and/or provide you with the Services.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data.
- General. We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers use the Personal Data we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the Platform and/or Services; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests, contact and communicate with you; (3) to develop new products or services and conduct analyses to improve our current content, products, and Services; (4) to review the usage and operations of our Platform and Services; (5) to use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes (as detailed below); (6) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our Platform and Services, and address any problems with the Platform and/or Services and (7) to provide customer support.
- Statistical Information and Analytics We and/or our service providers use analytics tools, to collect and analyze information about the use of the Platform and/or Services, such as how often users visit the Platform, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to visiting the Platform. By analyzing the information we receive, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users, which helps us improve our Platform and Services, understand trends and customer needs and consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires.
3. Sharing the Personal Data We Collect.
We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
- Service Providers, and Subcontractors. We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers and subcontractors, who use such information to help us provide you with the Platform and/or Services and aid in their understanding of how users are using our Platform and/or Services. Such service providers and subcontractors provide us with IT and system administration services, data backup, security, and storage services, and data analysis.
- International Transfers. By accepting this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge that we may use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and may send them information we receive (including Personal Data) and your consent to this transfer.
- Business Transfers. Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation). In such case, your Personal Data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- Law Enforcement Related Disclosure. We may share your Personal Data with third parties: (1) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party’s rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the Terms and this Privacy Notice); (2) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues, agencies and/or authorities; or (3) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation.
- Legal Uses. We may use your Personal Data as required or permitted by any applicable law, for example, to comply with audit and other legal requirements.
We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to and collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
5. Your Rights.
Subject to applicable law, you may request to see any Personal Data you have provided to us and request that such Personal Data be corrected or updated by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Data Retention.
- Subject to applicable law, we retain Personal Data as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes.
- In some circumstances, we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, audit, accounting requirements and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
7. Cookies and Similar Technologies.
- What are Cookies? A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to a user’s browser or device. The browser provides this piece of text to the device of the originating user when this user returns.
- A “session cookie” is temporary and will remain on your device until you leave the Platform.
- A “persistent” cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. It will remain on your device until you delete it.
- Third-party cookies may be placed by a third party. We use both first- and third-party cookies.
- We may use the terms “cookies” to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above, such as web beacons or “pixel tags”.
- How to Adjust Your Preferences. Most Web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change this setting so your browser either refuses all cookies or informs you when a cookie is being sent. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that some features of the Services may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed. For example, if you delete cookies that store your account information or preferences, you will be required to input these each time you visit.
|Type of Cookie||Why We Use These Cookies|
|Necessary||These cookies are necessary in order to allow the Platform to work correctly. They enable you to access the Platform, move around, and access different services, features, and tools. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies cannot be disabled.|
|Functionality||These cookies remember your settings and preferences and the choices you make (such as language or regional preferences) in order to help us personalize your experience and offer you enhanced functionality and content.|
|Security||These cookies can help us identify and prevent security risks. They may be used to store your session information to prevent others from changing your password without your login information.|
|Analytics||These cookies collect information regarding your activity on our Platform to help us learn more about which features are popular with our users and how our Platform can be improved.|
8. Third-Party Applications and Services.
All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party’s terms and privacy policies.
We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of eighteen (18) has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
11. Changes to the Privacy Notice.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our Platform or via email.
12. Comments and Questions.
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights as set out herein, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: March 2020